Monday, March 10, 2014

what a week!!‏

Hello Family and Friends!!=)
 
Once again I absolutely loved hearing from all of you! It really is just what I need every Monday to get me going again=)
 
Well this week has been the craziest week of my entire mission. This week we had Transfers on Wednesday. So Monday and Tuesday were spent working and trying to get the area all ready for the new Elders coming to the area. Then Wednesday came. Sister Munoz and I drove to the mission office and I dropped her off with her new companion while I waited with another sister for the new Sister missionaries to come in. I was so nervous I couldn't eat anything. Well then we all went into the meeting and I met my new companion Sister McConkie!! I absolulty love her!! And yes she is related to the one and only Bruce R. McConkie. He was her great uncle. She is from Salt Lake City and she is 19. Now this is where it gets cool. So I cant remember if I told you guys this story a couple months ago but he goes. So one day when I was serving in Redlands Sister Straatman and I had to run up to the temple for some reason. Well when we got there. I (of course) forgot something in the car.  So we had to run back and get it. Then when we were entering the temple grounds there as a family that passed us . Well it was Sister McConkie and her family. She told us that she was coming in a couple months and that her and her family were on vacation in California and thought they would stop by and see where she was serving. We talked for about 5 min and then she left. It was weird though because when she left I thought about her a lot and I prayed for her that night. Well She had been stalking the mission blog for a few months and when ever she saw my picture she just had a feeling that we would be companions and she wanted me to train her and then we met at the temple. Well when we both walked into the training meeting we saw each other and just both knew and we were right. It's crazy how the lord works.
 
Well to make that day even more crazy. I was informed that I was a Sister Training Leader. Sister Training Leaders are like Zone leaders for Sister Missionaries. There are about 8 of us in the mission. I wanted to throw up as soon as I found out I have no idea what in the world I am even doing yet and one of my jobs is to go on exchanges with sisters every week to help them in their areas.I have no idea what I am doing and I sure hope President prayed about it. To make it a little more stressfull They were supposed to tell me last transfer so that I could arrange a place for my companion to go while I went to MLC the next day but they forgot to tell me=) Dont worry we worked it out and on Thursday I made it to MLC (mission leadership conference).
 
That brings me to my next big event.....IM DRIVING!!!=) President gave me the green light=) Any way on Thursday I picked up the other Sister Training leader to take her to MLC and I got us soooo lost. Somehow we ended up in the Redlands airport but dont worry we still made it to mlc with 10 minutes to spare.  I feel like im a whole new woman driving=) just kidding but really.
 
So White washing an area has been interesting. I have no idea what I am doing and what Is going on in the area I am serving in. The ward mission Leader has only been in the area for about 3 months as well so we are all just trying to figure it out together.=) This bishop has been so helpful though. I love the ward. I am in the Palmers ward! the people I live with and I love it. I have never walked so much my entire life. Even though we have a car I'm not to big on using it. We have talked to sooooo many people this week. Its funny because pretty much everyone we talk to that really wants to hear what we have to say we end up "halfin ta" refer to the Spanish missonaries. Oh how I wish i spoke Spanish.
 
One thing I love about Sister McConkie is how alike we are. We have a lot of fun together. It's funny. I have never been so stressed out on my mission and been rejected so much but I'm still so happy. I love how she is game for whatever. The other day there was a guy down in a field digging a huge trench. Well I wanted to go talk to him and she was all game. So here were two sister missionaries in skirtks climbing through a fence "offroading" in the dirt and mudd to talk to him. He looked at us like we were crazy. He wasnt interested but we had fun. I love her testimony as well. I look up to her so much and I will learn so much from her.
 
this week obedience has stuck out to me so much. I want to be the kind of missionary that if Christ were to come right now he would take me home with him. I know that I am no where even close to being that way. I need so much more faith!!! But I want to strive for that. Please read the Book Of Mormon!!! it will increase your faith so much! we dont realize what we have! we really dont. I just want you all to know that I know that Christ lives!!!! I know it with all my heart!  Its funny how happy I am . I am so happy. Its crazy how my heart has changed. The things that were once there seem to be fading and just filling with a love for these people and my savior and that's all I want!
 
On Saturday We are having a mission Conference and Elder Neil A. Anderson is speaking to us!! I am so excited I cant wait!! I cant think of a better Birthday Present! Man where has the past 5 months gone? It has been 7 months since I saw Ben and Mckayla!
 
I loved Chuns letter. Man it sounds real serious snap backs vans and everything=) I say go for it!! I have always love it!!!!!!!!!=) I love you all so much thanks for all your support!!!!
 
siter Webb!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment