Monday, March 10, 2014

Transfers

Hello everyone!
 
wow it sounds like everyone has had such a great week! I really love hearing from you all! wow I feel like so much has happened since the last time I spoke to all of you! well for starters I am getting transferred sorta. I will still live where I live but I will be serving in a different area in the mountains. Also I am whitewash training which means I am training and we will be going into an area that hasn't had missionaries. Haha this poor sister please pray for her!! I am so nervous to train! I have no idea what I am doing. I have to admit I am a little surprised I thought for sure I was staying in my area. Sister Munoz is also leaving that area. It's crazy things just started to really get going and then we leave!! we really saw miracles happen together! we went from an a dead to area and to having two baptisms and a lot more investigators and the ward is so excited about missionary work. I am a little sad to leave but I trust the lord!! haha i keep thinking about my future comp leaving the mtc tomorrow=) please pray for her=) we are gonna need it! we will also be driving in a truck this transfer. I need to buy a gps!!
 
I am so stoked that Ben and Mckayla are going to Az! and they are having another little girl=) man that is so dang weird!! Mckayla I want pregnacny pics=) the pictures of Aniston are adorable and they melt my heart just like always. I am glad Clair is getting some time off!!! and dad and chris are going to seattle that should be so fun! that is crazy that Nicole and remmie are already going back !
 
This week was so great!! our area was so blessed! Man I love the people here so much its unreal, they really have become like family to me. On monday we met a lady who has a pig farm... she showed us all of them and the ones she has as house pets.. then we met the biggest dang pig i have ever seen in my entire life!!! it weighs 650 lbs... what a ham=) this week I have been really looking at familes... thats why I am out here. the moms fighting with their kids to be quiet, dads playing ball with their kids, thats what life is all about the small simple moments and family=) we had a lot of successes in less active work. so many of them opened up to us and we were able to finally hear what their real concerns were and had a lot of powerful lessons lead by the spirit. we had exchanges this week and I loved the sister I was with and we were able to teach a couple of amazing lessons! It's the coolest thing to see when the spirit really starts working with someone and when they start to repent and use the atonement. there is such a different light in their eyes.
 
The thing that brought me the most joy this week was the members. their whole mind set towards missionaries and the missionary work has changed so much in the past 6 weeks. When I first got here our ward didn't really trust missionaries and missionary work wasn't a huge priority. that is completely different!! we have people telling us that they have people for us to teach this week! ( too bad we wont be here) the bishop is on fire, he placed 3 books of mormon last week and the ward has started to as well! the whole fast and testimony meeting was on missionary work. D_____gets baptized  saturday!!! I am so excited11 the ward is so excited too=) they havnt had a baptism in a long time so they are all so excited about it. the ward is changing and the missionaries in that ward better be ready=) haha the bishop and ward mission leader are  not happy that we are getting transferred.
 
so it rained..... a ton!!!!!! holy cow I have never been so wet but i absolutely loved it. I thought about Chris's saying "life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain." well we danced =) I couldn't stop smiling and laughing all day because we were so wet and looked so pathetic but you better believe we sure had fun=) I love sister Munoz so much. I sure will miss  her!
 
so we had an awesome experience this week. a brother in our ward in a seminary teacher and he loves us. He texted us one day and said that while he was preparing for his lesson for hte next day he received very specific revelation and that we needed to come to class the next morning. so we went and he teaches High school Jr's and Sr's. well when we got there he had everyones names written across the chalk board and everyone had to write a list of every non member person they knew. the kids wrote down so many names. well then he read the talk "a voice of warning"  and talked about how they needed to share the gospel with these people they knew. then one kid raised his had and asked if we could all kneel in prayer and ask heavenly father for revelation on who they needed to share the gosple with. so there we were at 6:30 in the morning Kneeling with a bunch of high school students seeking revelation on who to share the gospel with. and they received revelation!!! it was so awesome! we have been hearing about how they have placed books of mormons and have been sharing the gosple like crazy since then=) the youth are amazing!!! and this marvelous work is hastening!
 
I am still so hung up on the pre earth life this week. I keep thinking about who we were and what faith we had. this week however I thought about a different part. We were still in Heaven when our brother Jesus Christ endured the atonement.... I wonder what we were doing during that moment. I wonder if we were all praying to give him the strength to do it. I'm sure heaven was full of weeping that day and a somber quietness as we watched as he endured undescribable pain for us.....I wonder what our father said to us.... It has just been on my mind a lot. we were so full of faith! Our spirits are still faithfull to him that calls us but are we listening to him with faith? I am so thankful for him and who all of you were before we came here.
 
the work we were saved to do is happening!!! are we on board? I am so happy to be a missionary. thanks for all the support=) I love you all.
 
p.s. I miss doozer =)
love you all know that I am very happy but so nervous to train, please help =)
 
sister webb

No comments:

Post a Comment