Monday, March 10, 2014

4 months

Hey Family and Friends,

How are all of you this week? I hope you are all doing great!! I have the best family in the entire world!! thanks so much for all the Valentine packages! Mckayla! i loved your letter so much and all those pictures and all the candy. I will write you back soon! Mom thanks so much for all the Sherries Berries they are sooo sooo sooo good! And dad and Chris! I loved the package! i love my new socks and the cat thing made me laugh=)

So this week was great! We have two investigators on date to be baptized! D_____ is getting baptized on March 8th! She has given up coffee this week so its been a long week she said but she is doing it=) and K___ is April 8th. Please Please keep them in your prayers!

So a couple of interesting things happened this week. We were out walking and we started to talk to this lady and this guy and they just started to yell at us. He went off on how Mormons had aluminum helmets and how there was no war with aliens in New York=) and of course I always love the magic underwear comments=) I just wanted to laugh. I didn't, but I sure wanted to. Also this week we taught Seminary. It was pretty cool. I really look up to these kids. 

So yesterday I was fasting. It was almost time for dinner When our dinner appointment called and said it was going to be later. I couldn't wait any more and my poor comp had already put up with me without food all day. so I broke my fast and ate the only thing we had in our car. instant potatoes. The little bead ones. Well I was starving so I ate tons! I didn't even think about the fact that they would expand in my stomach when they were mixed with water. I was so sick!! So moral of the story is never ever eat a lot of instant mashed potatoes before they are cooked. The Palmers have been out of town this week so we have been taking care of their animals. I am not a fan of their chickens!!! They are the hardest things to control. It is always an adventure trying to herd them back in the coop at night but It always gives me a good laugh=)

So this week there have been  a few things that have really stood out to me. There was a fireside this week and it was a husband and wife who were speaking she has a rare disease that she got when she was 13 and is dying. Her Husband knew she was dying when they met and they still got married and had a little boy. She is not doing to well right now and its crazy because they are both so young. Every one was crying The veil felt so thin. They truly loved each other. Not the fake love. The kind of love that is spiritual and built on Christ. She said a quote from Presidents Hinckleys wife where she talked about how President Hinckley has always helped her fly and has been the wind beneath her wings. That's the kind of family and marriage I want. I am not focusing on that but I just thought about how I need to continue to grow so that someday I can have that and always support my husband and family in the gospel. 

The plan of Salvation really hit home this week to. We were teaching a family who lost a son in a car wreck when he was 17. It was just so neat to be able to talk to them about the lords plan and his timing. I have so much to work on. I am so thankful I still have so much more time to be humbled and to continue to grow closer to my savior. I am so blessed! Well I hope that everyone has a great week! I sure love all of you and hope you know I am praying for you! please keep going with the missionary moments!

love you!!!!
sister webb

No comments:

Post a Comment