Monday, March 10, 2014

Put another shrimp on barbie

Hey Family and Friends!!
I hope that everyone is doing great!!  I hope that things all start to slow down a little for all you!
This week was great.Tuesday we did a lot of member work and I just have to say I love the members here so much! A less active lady in our ward absolutely loves us. It's funny because when we go over there she says she needs to run check on things outside but really she is just going out for her ciggs. Anyway, we got her to commit to coming to our baptism next Saturday. Its not church but it's a start =) On Wednesday we had a Zone Conference and our mission President came and talked to us all day. It was intense. After that Sister Munoz and I had a cool experience we were able to go and rededicate our chapel for missionary work. Before we did we sang a couple songs. The spirit was so strong. Just me and sister Munoz in the chapel singing nearer my god to thee. I will for sure never forget it. We went out with the Young Women on splits that night and I learned that Justin Beiber has been deported..... what happened to my beibs? Thursday...... Ha I'm not really sure what happened thursday I cant remember. Friday was an awesome day! We received a referral so we went and contacted her. She is so great! I love her so much already, she also has a 2 year old who is just chatting away and it made me wonder if that is what Aniston is now like. The cool thing is though is that there is a married couple down below and we started to teach him as well. He is such a neat guy. He is covered in tatts and looks pretty scary. However, He is super religious well spiritual I guess you could say. He knows his bible inside and out and was really interested in what we had to say because he doesn't agree with what a lot of churches say about the trinity. He has been all over the world pretty much. He pulled out salt from the dead sea and all kinds of way cool stuff. I am so excited to be teaching them.
On Friday we were also asked to be part of mission for a day. This is where the Youth are thinking about going on missions get to do a mini mission. On Friday night they all showed up and had an opening devotional. Then they got their "calls" and their comps. Then they went through a mini Mtc. Sister Munoz and I were in charge of teaching the class talk with everyone. It was pretty funny. This one poor kid got me laughing really hard. We were having them role play. So this one kid volunteered to come up in front of everyone and contact sister Munoz. The situation was that sister Munoz was sitting on a park bench and he was going to contact her. Well he started and was trying to make small talk and he without even thinking he said," So there's a lot of birds....and bees here...." He instantly got super embarrassed and turned red. I started laughing so hard! I felt bad cause I should have made him feel better but I just couldn't help it. Sister Munoz saved the day and helped him out cause I was gone. Don't worry I repented.  That day we also saw a sight I will never forget. There was this really old man who has a lot of tatts everywhere and he was walking his pit bull with his shirt off.... There needs to be an age limit on being able to take your shirt off.. Haha but he was one hip old man with lots of saggy tatts.
On Saturday we had to sisters come out with us for their Mini Mission. They were so tired by the end of the day. We did a lot of walking and they got to sit in on a really cool lesson. I was reall nervous for this lesson because I Knew I was going to have to be super bold with one of the ladies we were teaching and I didn't want it to go wrong especially with the two younger girls. However, the lord was so mindful and softened hearts! I loved it so much! Funny story this day too! We went and were teaching an older lady in a rest home. Well in the middle of the lesson she said hold on girls I have to go smoke I will be back in five minutes... It was awkward but we said ok. Then like ten minutes later we see the staff rolling her in and her head is droopy and It looked like something really bad happend. Then one of the nurses came and said ," Sorry she always does this she smokes so fast that she passes out.". I felt bad for her but it was a little funny at the same time=)
Yesterday was great! I love church and our ward is finally starting to get excited about missionaries and the work=) I am so excited and I love them! We had dinner with the R____family and D____ and D____ opened up so much! she is so excited for her baptism=) two weeks away! I love her so much. It's the coolest thing to see people change!  Next week is transfers. I will know by Monday what is going on.
This week I am just so grateful for Healing power of the atonement. I have watched it change people including me. Elder Richards of the 70 said something that really got me thinking. " I wish I could just take away the veil for a moment and you could see yourself in that grand council. Imagine yourself in that premortal world. He chose you by name and asked if you would be willing to come because he needed the best. Maybe we were given the privilege of making a covenant. If we could only hold onto that and remember who we are every day." We all were saved for this time to be missionaries together. It is crazy how the lord is getting us ready for his coming and im so luky to be a missionary and get to feel it. Please continue to be a missionary it will be a great blessing... Our Messiah is coming.
On a lighter note my birthday is approaching. Yup I will be an old maid but that is ok =) I figured I could use this to ask for something =) The Prince of Egypt cd =) and big bag of Qunia from Costco=) I love you all!!!
                               stay cool
                                kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment