Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Hey Friends and Family!!!

Can you believe that it is Christmas!!? I sure cant. I feel so much joy that i get to be one of the few lucky ones who are called to preform the work of the savior who everyone is celebrating!

Sooo How is everyone??=)

Well this week was good =) Work has been hard because no one wants to meet with us until after Christmas, but it is ok because Christmas is almost over and then no one will have an excuse=) This week We walked more than I have ever walked in my entire life! It was awesome!=) I finally have callused feet=)

This week we did a lot of member work. If you haven't noticed there has been a huge push on members and missionary working together, so we did a lot of planning on how we could help the members. We were also with a lot of members this week. We have awesome members!!! One lady we have been teaching took us to get pizza this week and baked everyone we are teaching cookies! =) She is amazing. Another eventful thing that happened this week was Tony got baptized!! He is a man the elders have been working with and he kept backing out then on Tuesday he called them and said he wanted to get baptized that day. So we threw together a baptism for that night and so many people came and supported him!! I was so happy for him and for the Elders. However, he wasn't getting confirmed until Sunday. Saturday night I had a dream that he didnt want to get confirmed so we were all running around looking for him. I woke up super worried so I just prayed and prayed all night that he would come. Haha of course he came and it was a wonderful Sunday.(granted I was extremely sleepy from my lack of sleep=)) The Christmas program was great=) I even sang in the choir. =) OH did I tell you we got volunteered to do a special musical number next week? we are singing and a sister in our ward is playing a harp... this is going to be interesting. Dad you arent the only one who is going make the angels plug their ears this year.=)

Christmas: ok here is low down on Christmas. I will be skyping mom and all them @ 12:30 my time. I will probably call first to get everything set up. Mission Pres has asked us to only skype for about 35 min. Then after that I will call dad and Chris=) I am so so so excited to talk/see everyone!!! The rest of the day We are going to go to work=) we will be visiting people who we are teaching who have no one and sharing messages with them. I am excited to spend Christmas understanding it more this year than every other year. I was wondering if you could have ben and Mckayla up on face time so i can see them cause im dying to see my bug and them =)

Last night was an amazing night and here is why. It was pretty cold here last night and we had a bunch of Christmas cards to drop off. So Sister Straatman and me were out walking and when you looked up all you could see were the stars and palm trees. We talked about how that is probably what it looked like in Bethlehem the night the savior was born. It hit me really hard. We walked in the dark singing Christmas hymns together walking past a ton of houses where you could see family parties going on inside and my heart was so full of love for our savior. Not to mention we have a ton of olive trees here. There was no place I would have rather been last night then with numb cold hands, aching feet, sore shoulders, hearing nothing but our footsteps and singing silent night under the star lit sky. I am so thankful that I get to spend Christmas with the savior this year and , instead of just celebrating him. 

This is my Christmas thought for all of you this year. Please take time to think about the Atonement and Resurrection this Christmas. He birth was wonderful, but his Atonement and Resurrection is the key to our Salvation!! I have thought so much about the Atonement and have been studying it like crazy. There is so much to it ! The Atonement is the least understood doctrine in the church. I feel I have only begun to scratch the surface of understanding. Please think about your life and think if you are allowing yourself to "walk with the savior" and take full advantage of the best gift ever given. His Atonement and it is free for all men. He is begging us to use it. He is freely handing us eternal life to come unto him and change. Mom I finally got my plaque scripture for bishop and I will end with this, 3 Nephi 18: 32 "Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall Heal them; and ye shall be the means for bringing salvation unto them." please use the atonement in your life so that he can heal you and bring others to him so that he can heal them. There are two things I am committing you to do this month to be missionary. 1st before Christmas please post the Mormon message, OH come, Emmanuel- Christmas version from the Mormon channel on your Facebook. 2nd, Invite and nonmember family or friend to your house for dinner where you open with a prayer and have pictures of the temple and Christ there. There will fell a difference in you home I promise. I love you all so much and I hope you have such a merry Christmas!!

Also, I sent packages out to Mom, Dad, and Ben and Mckayla last Monday and i don’t think anyone has gotten them yet... I’m a little worried because sister straatmans parents got hers! but i did send stuff for Christmas i promise. Also I love my comp so so so much!!!!

Merry Christmas love you
sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment