Monday, November 4, 2013

First Week In The Field!!!

Hello friends and family!!!!
Wow i feel like so much has happened since the last time I wrote so i will just start from the begining.
 
The MTC will always be one of my most treasured experiences. On thursday after I found out Grandpa died and I talked to dad for a minute I had a hard time. However, I didnt want to take any breaks and I just wanted to go back to class. I then just felt such a calmness and peace. I truly felt everyones prayers for me. Then my amazing zone all sang abide with me tis even tide. Wow the spirt was so strong and helped me so so much! I love MTC so much becasue i came so much closer to my savior and felt this love for me grow so so much. I am so thankful that i was able to have that experience. I know that i am truly in the lord hands and he will take care of my family. I also find it so comforting that I am doing to the same work that grandpa is doing on the other side. I am truly honored to be his granddaughter. Time at the MTC flew by so fast before I knew it I was on a bus at 4:30 in the morning headed to the air port! their I got to call and talk to mom for a little bit. It was great to hear her voice.
 I had a goal to place a book of mormon before i met my mission president. haha that turned out to be an adventure. I started talking to one guy and struck out. Then on the plane I attempted wiht the guy by me and he wanted no part in it. However, the man across the esile had some questions. we talked for a long time. I was able to give him a copy of the book of mormon and I truly love that man!
 
Then we landed and i met my mission president. He is so amazing! he is such a humble disciple of christ and I am so thankful to learn from him. We read a talk by elder walker about how a big part of your mission call is the spirt placing you with your mission president wherever he is. I love Him. He is so young! His wife ,Sister Van Cott, is also so amazing. They have five kids that they brought out here wiht them. They work so hard and have sacrifeced so much to be here. We went to the church and had training all day. After we went to the mission home for dinner. The sisters who came out with me all slept at a neighbors house sister ______ Her house is amazing mom would be in heaven. It was built over a hundred years ago. She shared her sweet testimony with us it was a great experience.
 
Tuesday: Tuesday was crazy. we woke up went ate and then went to transfer meeting. I met my trainer=) her name is Sister Straatman=) She is so great I love her so much.She has been really great with helping me get adjusted and also and pushing me to go outside of my comfort zone. She is from Logan and she is 19. I love her testimony so much. We are in Redlands! I have to say I love Redlands=) it is so beautiful and historic. all the houses are really old. Any way. Me and Sister Straatman are "whitewashing" an area or in other words starting fresh and starting a brand new area book. Missionary work is diffent than I always thought. Finding people is hard. However, this ward is amazing! they truly have taken head to push on missionary work. We have 2 investiagators we are teaching this week becasue members were not afraid to open their mouths and be missionaries. I wish I would have been a much better missionary growing up than I ahve been.
 
The Work: The work is hard and scary but so worth it! I know i have only been in the feild for a week but its been the best week of my life. Ha you should have seen my first street contact, it was rough =) a kid was sitting on a bench in the park and i stumbled over to him and stampperd out the words "wha wha what are you doing here?" he just looked at me like i was so weird. I then stumbled upon my words and somehow handed him a Book of Mormon. I walked away so discourged but my trainer was great and we just started laughing so hard=) I have had several of those moments. You all know how fast I talk when i get nervous so I Have had to slow down. I find so much comfort in knowing that it is not me teaching, it the spirit. There is no way the lords work would progress if missionaries like me were teaching it =) Every time I open my mouth to testify I instatnly feel calm and I know that this church is true and that christ is with me but more importantly the people i am teaching every step of the way. I have met so many great people and have so many fun and exciting experiences. We were teaching a reacent convert and she is all about praising the lord. I Have never had someone shouting to the lord in the middle of the prayer.She is an african American and remindes me those movies with the lady names madea? I jsut smile every time I see her. The thing is though, she is so amazing and she loves christ so much and is so ready to follow him. OH haha side note my comp has bad luck with clogging our members toilets!=) its funny and sad all at the same time.
 
Redlands: Redlands is amazing! mom you would love it here. All the houses are really old with big wrap aroudn porches. and Halloweenn Redlands! everyone decorates so cute!  and its a big deal . It remindes of that old disney show Hallaween Town.=) Haha we were teaching a lady on Halaween night and she had here cat in her little apartment with us and she was all." I have to keep my cat in on halaween because there is a lot of cat sacrifices here, it's like Salem Oregon (MA?) up in here." Apretnly there is a lot of witchcraft practicd here..
 
My eyes have been open to a lot and I mean a lot of religions. I have been blessed by a couple seventhday adventous or however you spell it. OH! so we voluntereed well all the missionaries volunteered to serve food at the 125 years of redlands somthing celebration. Well it a huge deal here. It was pretty neat because for both the luch and dinner were catered by us missionaries. So every person who came through the line was greetedy about 25 elders and sisters =)  we were able to talk to a lot of people. There was one lady who took a very extreem intrest in me. It turnes out she is a chaplin for another church.. a church with dogs=) her buisness card is so great. I will send it home=) I was also blessed by her. =) we will become great friends with her. After the dinner there was a big program and somehow me and Sister Straatman were chosen to be a big part of it.... during the program they were going to be singing the Redlands Alma mater and they play church bells in a church a few blocks away every year at the high school graduation during the Alma mater. Well there were a bunch of people there who were acient, and they havnt heard it since they graduated high school. So They were going to sing it a play the bells as a surprise to everyone. Guess who was put in charge of the bells =) yea i was very nervous. So there we were sitting in a first congregatonal church waiting to play the bells. The cool part was I was able to talk to a 17 year old kid named Edward about the church teh whole time! We didnt get an investigatior out of it but he is in my prayers and someday he will =) We pulled off the bells just fine=)
 
The ward feeds us great!! so this means I am going to have to ask mom to send me my leancomplete and slim=) Sister Straatman loves to run too=)
 
I loved the pictures of Aniston! I love her so much.
I am allowed to to email my friends and family so if you want to send me a list with everyones e mail I would love that. I will try to respond to people when I have time.
 
Sorry this email is so long a lot has happened in two weeks. Just know that I am so happy to be here. I know my savior lives. I know him and I know that everyone knows him I am just here to help people remember him. I know that I am absoultly nothing without my savior. I feel his love everyday and Ilove to look at his children how he sees them and now how my mortal body sees them. I have so far to go on this journy to be become the person I need to become for my savior. I love this  gosple with all my heart! I love you and miss you all. you are in my prayers. ! I had a lot more to say but i dont have time.
               love you,
                        Sister Webb
p.s. If you could send a letter this week that would be great I need some sort of proof of insurance. I would alsolike to to konw how Grandpas funeral went. Oh and I need Lilas address. I want her to know how much I love her.
 
p.s.s There are tons and tons and tons of spellin issues in this i know! sorry this computer does

No comments:

Post a Comment