Monday, January 6, 2014

El Happy El New Year!‏

Dear Family and Friends!=)
 
Happy New year!! I hope all of you ate some great chip dip and set some pretty great goals for the new year even if they only lasted a day=)
 
OK so first off I would like to apologize to everyone for the way I Have been spelling baptism. I thought for sure  there was a z in there. However much to my dismay it is not spelt baptizem. I'm sure President shakes his head every week when he reads my e-mails. When Sister Straatman realized this she corrected me and we just laughed for a long time. New Years has become my best friend as a missionary! Everyone is all about getting fit for the new year so there are so so many people out!! =) we were able to talk to so many people=) It also became a source of entertinment for Sister Straatman and I. We now play this game called for " for realziez or rezolution." When ever we see someone running or biking we say weather we think they are a for realziez runner or a rezolution runner=) I have to admit sometimes I wish i could be running right along side them. However, California Men need some help with running atire. I saw a whole lot of some people when they were running and yea....
 
We were able to teach so much this week! It was so great! On tuesday we were able to teach M____and we took sister Feldmen=) Mom I'm so glad you have gotten to know her a little bit! She is my favorite she is so funny and her friend is getting baptized or baptised? IM not sure how to spell that one. and that night we were able to teach S____! S____ is a new investigator that we picked up on tuesday. She is so great! I love her so much the spirt was definantly there during her lesson and I am so excited to keep teaching her. That was the best news years night I have ever had. Wednesday was amazing. We were able to do a lot of less active work. I love less active work. we had a cool story. So we had an appointment to go see someone and when we got there they said they couldnt meet with us anymore, so we were going to go walk this area. before we did we prayed... we both knew that we couldnt walk that area then the though came to my mind go see sisterP_____. Sister p_____ is an inactive lady in our ward who we ahve tried to see several times but she is pro at avoiding us. So we went to see her and.... we got in! We visited with her for a long time and she just cried and said she had prayed that God would show her what she needed to do with her life and then all fo sudden there was a knock at her door and there we were=) we are starting to teach her again=) We also got into 2 other inactives that have been IMPOSSIBLE to go see becasue they were also pro at avoiding us. all of them said they were so glad we came. Then came Chuck.....=) Chuck is so great. Chuck is an 74 year old man who rides his bike everywhere. we have been able to see him a talk to him a little bit here and there. Well we saw him in a dounut shop.. and we went in and sat down at his table and started talking to him, He knows what we do who we are and a lot about missionaries. I then asked him, "chuck Let us teach you," to which he replies " no" and then I said  " Why not?" He then sat there and and then said I dont know. WEll we taught him the message of the restoration right there=) I told him it was only a matter of time=) Then the Elders saw him and they taught him too =) we will get chuck =) This is what the lord wants for him!
 
On Friday we got to teach a lady, We have been working with her and she has been meeting with missionarys for years. Well this lesson was rough. Her husband  wanted to feed us before before the lesson. We walked in and Taylor Swift was blasting through the house, He knew that we liked taylor swift and thought it would be great. We tried to explain that we cant listen to that but he insisted and wouldnt hear it. So we sat there eating delcious tacos while taylor swift blasted through the house. I went From secretly loving it to calling myself to repentance and feeling so bad then when a knew song would come on getting supper ecited and secrety loving it to feeling super bad agian. I t was a vicious cycle. My two cat theroy was also set in stone that day.... thats all I am going to say about that. Sunday was the best day of all. we were sitting there and one of less actives we visited who hasnt been in years came walking through teh doors!!!!!!!! I was so so excited I gave her the biggest hug ever then she kissed my cheek and I made it super akward. Oh man I am going to be so weird when I get home. But she came to church!!  and we two of our investigators were there!!!!=) Testimony meetings always make me nervous but it was so great!
 
This week I have really gained a much deeper appreciation for prayer. I have prayed more this week than any other time in my life. I've been pretty sick dang sick this week and the lord has carried me . I have so much father to go to become such a better person and missionary. I was reading Moshia 28:3 and i realized how far I have to go. I am so thankful for the atonment and the plan of Salvation! we have something so important for everyone to hear. I love these people so much! Ihave been studying a lot about patience and I have come to realize that it is more than not outwardly showing your frustration or anxiousness but that it is allining your will with Gods will. or in other words having a repent attitute. Its so funny how my perception of time has changed on my mission. I am so Happy and blessed to be a missionary! Everything I am or ever will become is only becasue of the lord, with out him I am truly am nothing, of that i am sure. However, I matter to him. and so do all of you, please never forget that. He loves you and is waiting for you=)
                                                love you all!
                                                       sister Webb
p.s. Eating tons of Mangos= not a good idea

No comments:

Post a Comment